NEW YORK – Today Moishe’s Moving and Storage Systems announced that they are going green. The eco-friendly move makes Moishe’s the first all-green moving company on the East Coast.
The company believes this year’s Earth Day is a fitting kick-off to a year-long transition into total green operations. Over the next year Moishe’s will institute changes that will significantly cut back on waste and conserve massive amounts of energy. The company will environmentally optimize their corporate offices, institute new moving supplies rental programs, and introduce green-incentives for their employees before the end of 2008. The entire fleet of Moishe’s moving trucks will be converted to bio-fuel by the end of 2009.
“We really feel that going green plays a massive part in being a socially responsible company,” said Moishe’s CEO Gene Lemay. “We’ve re-engineered our entire corporate pyramid, from our top executive’s offices, right down to the fuel our moving trucks run on. We’re proud to be the first moving company on the East Coast to make the move to green.”
Moishe’s move to green includes several company-wide changes. The transition includes:
* A Community Box Exchange Program allowing customers to exchange re-usable boxes via a website operated by Moishe’s, which will be launched in the early summer 2008.
* A paperless billing system
* Rental of light-weight and re-usable biodegradable boxes
* Replacing packing peanuts with biodegradable pellets made from recycled diapers
* Financial incentives for employees to live more environmentally responsible
* Transitioning to trucks powered by bio-fuel instead of gasoline
Moishe’s Moving and Storage Systems was created in 1983. By 1990, Moishe’s became the largest independent moving company in New York City, with 100 movers, 40 red trucks and several storage facilities. Five years later, Moishe’s was the largest moving company in the tri-state area. Today, Moishe’s has hundreds of employees, scores of red trucks and thousands of square feet of storage which utilize state-of-the-art technologies to assure the safety and security of their clients’ belongings. Moishe’s operates regional offices across the country and have established six specialized divisions catering to the unique moving and storage needs of thousands of individuals, families and businesses every day.